9.7.08

Bangkok!

I have just arrived in Bangkok, and now patiently (OK, more than extremely eagerly) await Chris's arrival tonight. The hotel (or resort as they call it, though it rather resembles a really well kept motel since it has at most 50 rooms) is quite convenient at a 10 minute drive from the international airport, and the staff are really quite fluent in English and all smiles. The only downside is the monsoon season that is so readily apparent as I sit with the wind blowing hard from the door and pouring rain. I wish the usual monsoon summer rains would be less frequent than the everyday occurrence that they are famed to be. Oh, and of course mosquitoes are rampant here, and as I write I am being eaten alive! My grandma used to always say my blood was so sweet that I always found the attention of every mosquito near me. Not sure that's such a great thing, more of a back-handed compliment I'd say. Well, I am off to take a nap. Safe and alive in Bangkok and off to gorgeous Phuket tomorrow morning!

No comments: